Friday, February 10, 2012

Unity with God

The enlightened mind sees clearly and distinguishes the various degrees of the spiritual life. It recognises [that when] its union with God was imperfect: where the senses were involved, and the spirit was linked with the senses in a manner - exalted and special, to be sure - but not yet perfect. There is a higher and more perfect union with God; namely intellectual union. Here, the soul is safer from illusions; its spirituality is purer and more profound. In a life where the senses are involved, there is more danger of illusion....There are moments when God introduces the soul to a purely spiritual state. The senses dim and are seemingly dead. The soul is most closely united to God; it is immersed in the Deity; its knowledge is complete and perfect...total and absolute. (115)
When the Lord himself wants to be close to a soul and to lead it, he will remove everything that is external..... The superiors were indeed solicitous for the sick, but the Lord ordained that I should feel forsaken. This best of masters withdraws every created thing in order that He himself might act.  (149)
Jesus, tomorrow morning I am to make my perpetual vows. I had asked heaven and earth and had called upon all beings to thank God for this immense and inconceivable favour of His when suddenly I heard these words, My daughter, your heart is My heaven. ... I thought: What is it going to be like in heaven, if already here in exile God so fills my soul."(238)
Even among the sisters you will feel lonely. Know then that I want you to unite yourself more closely to Me. I am concerned about every beat of your heart. Every stirring of your love is reflected in My Heart. (1542)
 
Do not change your particular examen which I have given you through Father Andrasz; namely, that you unite yourself with Me continually. That is what I am clearly asking of you today. (1544)
 
The freshness of your heart captivates Me; that is why I unite Myself with you more closely than with any other creature. (1546)

Taken from: 
http://www.catholic-forum.com/churches/cathteach/divinemercy_unity.htm